Saturday, August 6, 2011

Just A Little Bit of Character

The school I work at was named a National School of Character a few years ago. We focus a lot on encouraging our students to recognize and practice having good character. We do this in a variety of ways, one being our character word of the month. Each month has an assigned word that we focus on. The word for August is RESPECT. I'm a jeans and t-shirt gal to the core, especially since I teach pre-k and end up sitting on the floor most of the day. So... I decided this year I'm going to incorporate our character word of the month into my wardrobe. I'm making a new shirt for each month. I'm also a cheese ball so I guarantee the days I wear this shirt my class will be rocking out to "R-E-S-P-E-C-T, find out what it means to me!"
We're the Bobcats so I have to add the PAW, of course! :)



 Today was Day 17 on our Countdown to School. Belle was super excited to pull off the first loop which read "Go out to breakfast". Cracker Barrel was calling our name so we enjoyed a delicious breakfast. As an added bonus, it's Saturday so Daddy got to come along too.Can't wait to see what Day 16 will bring! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment