Friday, August 5, 2011

The Countdown Begins

My sweet Belle starts kindergarten in a few short weeks (17 days to be exact). She is so excited! She has been in a pre-k program at our school and was ready to start kindergarten the day after her Moving Up ceremony. She has been asking just about everyday this summer, "Mommy, do I get to go to kindergarten tomorrow?" This is an exciting time for Rose too because she will start in the pre-k program at our school. So... I decided to make a countdown. I got together some scrapbook paper, some safety scissors for the girls, a marker for me and some tape. The girls cut strips from the scrapbook paper and we wrote fun activities on each strip. Then they helped me tape the strips together to make a paper chain. Each day we will take a loop off the chain and do the activity described. We hung it up in their room. They are both super excited about it! I, on the other hand, am feeling a little depressed that in just 17 short days my baby will be a real live kindergartner. Prayers are appreciated! :)



No comments:

Post a Comment