Sunday, September 11, 2011

Remembering...

My heart broke today as I thought of all the families that are grieving remembering the loved ones they lost because of that fateful day 10 years ago. I sat this morning at our local baseball stadium as our church had what we called "A Day to Remember". It was such a great time to pause our busy lives just to pay tribute to those who were killed that day and to those who continue to put their lives on the line daily to be sure that we as Americans are safe and can enjoy the freedom God has blessed us with. I sat and listened as the many speakers read lists of people who had been killed and as our praise and worship team sang songs of remembrance and praise. I couldn't stop the tears that streamed down my face. Then our pastor stood up and said something that really struck me. He said, "Today is a day for remembering, but also a day of celebrating." That might sound a little strange on a day like today, but Pastor Willy was so right and blessed me so much this morning because he reminded me of why I should celebrate. I celebrate because in a world full of tragedy there is a hope, and today we celebrated that hope. My hope was confirmed when at five years old I realized I was a sinner in need of a savior. I asked Jesus to take over my life and become my savior. My life has not been perfect since then, but I know no matter what happens to me that I have hope in Jesus and that's all I need!
Here's a couple of my favorite moments of the day:
My mom interpreting for the Deaf. She's one of my heroes.

This was a piece of the World Trade Center.
Now I have a question for you- where do you find your hope? I pray that it's in JESUS!

Janessa

No comments:

Post a Comment