Saturday, September 10, 2011

Feeding my obsession

I've been dying to share my newest creations, but had to wait until today a) because I am a procrastinator and didn't have anything finished until late last night and b) because the baby gifts I made were for someone who follows my blog and would see her gifts before opening and that takes all the fun out of it! So...I am super excited to share some new BABY gifts I made. If you know me at all, you know I am obsessed with making baby gifts. I like to try new things each baby shower I attend. This time it was for JC's cousin. She's have a little princess in October, and the family got together today to help her celebrate. I had to run an errand the other night that just happened to take me to one of my most favorite stores: Joann Fabric. I just happened to walk past the nursery print fabrics, and I fell in love. There was not just one, not two, but THREE adorable fabrics sitting there on the shelf and conveniently they were all coordinating. Of course they begged me to take them home with me and make something adorable so how could I say no? Here's what I made:
I love personalized bags!

These little cuties came from one of the 3 fabrics I bought. I just hand stitched them to some white bibs.
They were super easy to make and turned out super cute! :) 

This is my first ever attempt at a taggie blanket. I think it turned out well. Especially considering I got it all cut out, pinned, pulled out my sewing machine to finish it, and discovered my sewing machine is in need of major service so I ended up hand sewing it together. I love how it turned out. I will definitely be making more of these.

I got a soft yellow flannel for the other side of the taggie blanket.

I like to be sure to remember the siblings at these parties too. :)
 We had a great time. The girls love being around their cousins! Here's what happens when you try to get 5 cousins to sit, be still and look in one direction:

I can't wait to meet Jessica's new little princess Liliana Claire. (I love that name!) I hope she enjoys her things as much as I enjoyed making them.

Janessa

No comments:

Post a Comment