Monday, December 12, 2011

The Christmas Countdown Is On!

Last year I went looking on the Internet to find an easy advent calendar. I ran across the cutest idea at Tatertots & Jello and decided to give it a try. I grabbed a few cookie sheets at the Dollar Tree, some festive scrapbook paper and my Modge Podge (love this stuff!) Here's what I came up with:
I glue gunned a ribbon to the back to make a hanger for it.

I made these fun magnets by gluing scrapbook paper to small magnets.

The girls love taking turns each day putting a magnet on. Plus, as an added bonus when there's a picture of a candy cane on the magnet, they get a candy cane. When there's a picture of a present, they get a small present. I love the dollar section of Target for these little gifts. :) The 24th has a present which always ends up being new pajamas because you have to have a new pair of super cute jammies for Christmas morning pictures! Baby Jesus is our last magnet to remind us of the real reason for Christmas. The girls love it, and it was super easy to make :) Anyone else have a cute idea for counting down until Christmas? I'd love to hear any new ideas!

Janessa

No comments:

Post a Comment